Do you have one or more missing teeth? If so, a high quality, natural looking dental implant professionally fitted at Rotherholme Dental could help to restore your smile. Not only will you regain the ability to smile, talk and eat with confidence but you will also notice a significant improvement in your overall oral health.
Dental implants offer a truly innovative option for those who are looking to replace missing teeth in a strong, secure and long-lasting way.
Provided you are in good general health and your gums have sufficient strength and density, dental implants are a highly effective and suitable option for anyone- regardless of age, the condition of your existing teeth or how many new teeth you require.
At Rotherholme Dental we are proud to say that over 90% of our implants take successfully. Provided a patient looks after their teeth well and with regular long-term care an implant could last for over 15 years.
At our practice we have a particular interest in cosmetic dentistry and would love to help you restore your smile. We gain a great deal of job satisfaction seeing a patient leave the practice with a newly restored smile – particularly those who thought nothing could ever be done to help!
We have plenty of experience in the fit and finish of dental implants. From start to finish, put your trust in us to deliver a service and product that will exceed your expectations.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant mimics the structure of your natural tooth with a titanium root placed into the gum helping to support a manufactured crown above the gum.
Over time your natural bone fuses to the implant- helping to fix it securely in place and ensuring it lasts for many years.
Can’t I just leave a missing tooth?
Although it may seem the easiest option, at Rotherholme Dental we always recommend the replacement of a tooth (or teeth) if possible.
This is because a gap can cause many oral problems (both today and in the future)
- Your jawbone is naturally stimulated when you chew on healthy teeth. Gaps mean the jawbone can start to shrink.
- With several missing teeth your facial features may start to sink or look aged.
- Existing teeth can start to move due to gaps.
- Food can be easily trapped or missed when cleaning- potentially causing tooth decay and gum disease.
Can anyone have a dental implant?
Generally, dental implants are suitable for a wide range of patients- regardless of age or the condition of their teeth. They can be used to replace one or several teeth.
A number of factors will be taken into account when deciding if implant surgery is for you:
- Good general health. If you have diabetes or smoke heavily you are at an increased risk of developing complications following implant surgery.
- Good oral hygiene. It’s important that you look after your teeth and gums well (before, during and after surgery). Significant recovery time is required and you will need to commit to looking after your teeth well for the best chances of success.
- Healthy gums and jawbone: Your dental implants will fit directly into your jawbone so it’s important this is healthy. Bone grafts and sinus lift can be carried out if required- this may be necessary if there has been a past issue with gum disease.
How long does it take?
A standard dental implant procedure will usually take around 15 minutes.
Your implants will require some time (between 3-6 months) to integrate with the jaw bone. We can provide you with a temporary restoration during this time if required.
Every patient is unique. At Rotherholme we will fully discuss your situation and personal requirements with you before any treatment begins.
Long term care is vital. Regular check-ups will be booked in as required.
Does a dental implant hurt?
The placing of your dental implant will take place under a local anaesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure. You may notice some discomfort for a week or two afterwards- general painkillers or a cold compress should help with this.
Provided by Humm – please click here to calculate the rate for your treatment.
Please contact the practice for further details.
Rotherholme Dental Practice is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Finance options available to UK residents over the age of 18. Subject to status.